The Policy Statement and the Application are the documents you need to apply for the market.
2018 Policy Statement – Read this first
- Fees, guidelines, code of conduct and various things you need to know about the market.
- Complete this form and submit the necessary fees and documents. Submission instructions are on the application form.
These docs are not part of the application, but they may be of interest to you.
FOODSAFE & MORE
Beginning on July 29, 2013, all FOODSAFE Level 1 certificates issued in British Columbia were given a five-year expiry date. If you took your FOODSAFE Level 1 before July 29, 2013 your certificate will be expiring this summer on July 29, 2018. If you took it after you won’t have to renew until your five year period is reached.
Update Your Certificate
To help FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate holders keep their food safety knowledge up to date, a short FOODSAFE Level 1 Refresher course is offered online by Open School BC. The approximately three-hour Refresher course covers all the essentials of the FOODSAFE Level 1 training program.
- Lots of info on FOODSAFE and MarketSafe
- FOODSAFE and MarketSafe on-line training
- Find out if you are considered a Lower or High Risk food vendor. This document is hosted on the BCAFM website informing food vendors about food preparation.